The Vacme Press is a portable alternative to cast iron screw presses. Evacuating a vinyl bag to 12 psi., this pressing device that can be used to efficiently dry water-damaged books or in production box-making operations. The Vacme Press is an improvement on the veneer press. It employs a vinyl bag sealed on four sides with a slit on the top sheet. Vinyl sticks to itself, creating a seal that doesn’t wear out. Each Vacme Press bag is supplied with a one way valve that keeps the bag evacuated for as long as necessary. The bags are lightweight and can be stored by folding or rolling them when not in use. The vacuum pump and gauge are housed in a box weighing less than 10 lbs. This allows for a portable, easy to store pressing mechanism. The Vacme Press system will accommodate work that is too large for many book presses, thus simplifying pressing books or documents.
Because the vacuum bags and pump are portable and lightweight, the Vacme Press can be taken to a remote location and set up quickly and easily. Workbench space is freed because the Vacme Press bag is not a permanent fixture. It makes working in tight quarters much easier because once the item is pressed, it can be removed from the bench and stored while still under pressure.
The lightweight pump is activated with a toggle switch and can be operated with one hand. The Vacme Press bag's closing mechanism requires only hand pressure to create a seal. A quick disconnecting hose system allows the item to be removed from the pump yet stay under pressure. Evacuated bags can be stored on edge with the item under pressure thus saving workbench space.
Use of multiple bags in a production setting can free the bottleneck of having to wait for a screw press to become available. A number of small books can be pressed in a large bag when engaged in disaster recovery.
Cleaning the vacuum bag is easy with a mild solvent such as alcohol. Bags can be reused for many years without wearing out valve or seal.
All products are fully guaranteed and will be replaced if defective.
The Vacme Press system consists of two components, Vacuum Pump & Vacme Press Bags
Kit contains: Pump, hose, fittings, 3 vinyl pressing bags (12" x 18", 18" x 24" and 24" x 36")
- A diaphragm vacuum pump that creates 25 in./Hg. (12 psi) of pressure
- Hose and quick-disconnect fitting
- Vacuum gauge inset into cabinet
- Low noise output
- Requires no maintenance.
- Three standard sizes: 12" x 18", 18" x 24", and 24" x 36"
- Bags weigh little and can be easily removed from the workbench when filled with a pressed item
- Bags are made of 20mil polished vinyl and are easy to clean with a mild solvent such as rubbing alcohol.
- Bags are puncture resistant because of thickness as well as elasticity. These features ensure long, trouble-free life for the bags.
- Custom sized bags can be manufactured to your specifications.